Frequently Asked Questions
- How long does a claim take?
- I haven't heard anything for a while, do I need to do anything?
- Can anyone make a claim?
- What is your success rate?
- How do I contact you?
- Can I check my claim status online?
- What are your terms of Service?
1. How long does a claim take?
Each claim is different, and we can't provide an exact timescale for how long your claim would take.
Some claims can be completed within a couple of weeks, however the typical time period is up to fourteen weeks.
2. I haven't heard anything for a while, do I need to do anything?
Generally no, if we require any information from you, we will contact you. We keep you updated on the status of your claim via
text message and e-mail, so if you have changed your mobile number or e-mail address please let us know immediately. You can track
the status of your claim online by using the login link to the left. You can also ring us on 0333 344 3440.
3. Can anyone make a claim?
The Financial Regulator has been fining PPI providers over the past few years for systematic mis-selling of Payment Protection
Insurance policies. Some of the biggest players in this industry (Lloyds TSB, Barclays, RBS) have been found guilty of mis-selling PPI by the Ombudsman Service.
"If you feel you have been mis-sold a Payment Protection Insurance policy you can call us on 0333 344 3440 to find out how we can help.
4. What is your success rate?
The outcome of your claim depends on your particular circumstances. Even if your provider rejects your complaint in the first
instance, if you have a valid claim we will pass your case to the Financial Ombudsman Service, who has found 51% of complaints
in favour of the claimant.
5. How do I contact you?
You can find all the methods you can contact us by clicking here
6. Can I check my claim status online?
When you signed up to our service you would have been provided with a Customer ID (CID). Simply enter that six digit number
on the left-hand side, together with your postcode and you can track the status of your claim online. If you've lost your CID,
simply give us a call on 0333 344 3440 and we will provide you the information over the phone.
7. What are your Terms or Service?
- Help Your Claim Limited [HYC] are instructed to act as my/our sole representative in the settlement of my PPI claim.
- I/we will provide HYC with any information requested to pursue the claim where requested.
- If the financial provider sends correspondence direct to myself, I/we will forward this to HYC at the earliest opportunity.
- The claim handling will be carried out by HYC, who have absolutely no affiliation with your financial provider.
- There is no requirement to use HYC to handle your claim. You have the right to seek further advice or to shop around.
- On success of your claim, HYC will charge a 30% fee + VAT on all amounts received. Our charges apply to the total value of the compensation received. For example, if you receive a settlement figure of £1000, you would be required to pay us £300 + VAT. At the current rate of 20% this would mean a total payment to HYC of £360, leaving you with £640. If your claim is unsuccessful there will be no fee. In particular there will be no fee within the 14 days cooling off period. However if there is a reasonable offer made and cancelation is attempted HYC will be entitled to charge their full fee.If cancelation is attempted prior to a reasonable offer and outside of the 14 days HYC will charge a reasonable charge for work carried out.
- On receipt of settlement by the financial provider, I/we agree that we will notify HYC within 3 working days, and understand HYC will then issue an invoice for their services, which must be paid within 3 days of receipt of any compensation from the financial provider.
- I/we understand that when a lenders decision is overturned through an appeal to the Financial Ombudsman Service and the customer receives a full refund, HYC's fee of 30% plus VAT will still apply. If the appeal is unsuccessful there will be no charge.
- I/we agree that HYC can deduct any fees for my claim from my credit/debit card upon completion of my case once the invoice becomes due.
- HYC may terminate this agreement should the amount recoverable be deemed to be commercially insufficient to progress.
- I/we may terminate this agreement within 14 days of the date of this agreement by sending an email to email@example.com or by calling our Customer Service team on 03333443440. Alternatively you can download our cancellation form at www.helpyourclaim.com/cancellation and send it to Help Your Claim, 2nd Floor, 86 Deansgate, Manchester, M3 2ER.
- HYC is regulated by the Claims Management Regulator in respect of regulated claims management activities, authorisation number CRM20438.
- This agreement shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales.
- You may address any complaints in writing to Customer Service, Help Your Claim, 2nd Floor, 86Deansgate, M32ER, telephone 0333 344 3440 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.